Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
Message from Dr. Coley
As you are all now aware we have shifted most, if not all, but Level 1 (formerly known as ‘essential’) employees to temporary telework from now through April 5, 2020.
This email is intended to offer additional administrative guidance, since telework is new to most of us. I will also cover some issues regarding sick time and any diagnosis or self-quarantine involving COVID-19.
All employees now teleworking:
- are expected to be performing their roles to the best for their ability from home.
- are expected to be available online via email or phone during their normally scheduled hours.
- are expected to be actively monitoring email and voicemails sent to email.
- are expected to be available to return to their work site during normal working hours when requested by their manager.
- can direct any questions on work assignments and requirements to their manager.
Sick or self-quarantined employees:
- Any employee that becomes ill while teleworking and cannot perform their duties must report their illness to their manager and code their time sheet accordingly.
- Any employee that is diagnosed with COVID – 19, we ask that you notify the HR department on campus -Theresa Eisenbach, Interim Director of Human Resources - (203) 332-5013
- Any employee that is directed to self-quarantine we ask that you notify your HR department on campus: Theresa Eisenbach, Interim Director of Human Resources - (203) 332-5013
What if you suspect you have COVID-19?
- Call your doctor or healthcare provider for medical advice if you believe that you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop symptoms, such as fever, cough or difficulty breathing.
- Stay home except to get medical care.
- Separate yourself from other people and animals in your home.
- Call ahead before visiting your doctor.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes.
- Clean your hands often.
- Avoid sharing personal household items.
- Clean all “high-touch” surfaces every day.
- Monitor your symptoms
- If you are diagnosed with COVID-19, notify the HR department on campus: Theresa Eisenbach, Interim Director of Human Resources - (203) 332-5013
- Full guidance: What To Do If You Are Sick (CDC)
We will continue to keep you informed as we all work together through these challenging times.
Stay Calm and be well.
Thomas G. Coley, Ph.D.
Acting President, Gateway Community College
CSCU Regional President, Shoreline-West Region