Transferring to a Four Year

I'm Graduating! What's next?

There are a number of transfer opportunities for HCC graduates. Some are general transfer procedures while other programs guide you directly to a degree program at a four-year college or university, you can view the options below.

Articulation Agreements

UCONN Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP)

The Guaranteed Admission Program (GAP) is an agreement between the Connecticut Community College System and the University of Connecticut, designed for students who enroll in a liberal arts transfer program at one of Connecticut's community colleges to transfer seamlessly to the University of Connecticut without needing to apply. Students who plan to continue their studies to earn a bachelor's degree in Liberal Arts and Sciences; Agriculture, Health, and Natural Resources; or Business are guaranteed admission to the University of Connecticut once the associate degree has been earned, appropriate courses have been completed, and minimum grades and requirements for the selected program have been achieved. Advisors from individual community colleges and UConn meet with GAP students throughout their community college careers, assisting in their eventual transition to the University. Students wishing to enroll in GAP must be matriculated in a liberal arts transfer program at a Connecticut community college. Students must apply to GAP before they have accrued more than 30 transferable credits.* Those interested should review the implementation guidelines and contact their individual community college counselor for further information and assistance in selecting courses that will meet both community college and UConn degree requirements.

UCONN Business and Data Analytics Transfer Pathway Program

If you are earning the associate degree in business at Housatonic, you may be eligible to enter the School of Business to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree. Students are able to complete this major at University of Connecticut campuses in Stamford, Greater Hartford, Waterbury, and Torrington. To qualify for admission to the Business and Data Analytics program as part of the Transfer Pathway, you must: Complete your associate degree in the appropriate business program at one of the participating community colleges; Earn a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0; Achieve a 3.0 or higher in courses being used to meet junior/senior-level major requirements; Complete and submit an application for transfer admission to the University of Connecticut by the stated deadline. For more information on admission to this program at Housatonic contact Professor Edward Becker at . See the UCONN web site for details of the Program.

The Connecticut College of Technology

The Engineering Science Pathway program allows community college students to follow a specific course of study leading to an associate degree, preparing for the ultimate goal of earning a bachelor's degree in Engineering at the University of Connecticut. To find out more about the program at Housatonic contact Professor Robert Ryder .

Connecticut State Colleges and Universities (CSCU’s) - Transfer Ticket Program

The Transfer Ticket program offers students a seamless transfer from their Connecticut Community College to Connecticut State Colleges and Universities. Students must graduate with their Associate degree to be guaranteed junior status without hassle, losing credits or taking additional credits. Visit the website provided above. Select a college and the degree program you wish to pursue. Each program will provide a list of courses to complete the degree program. If you need further assistance, please contact the Campus Advisor for that specific program, listed at the top of the degree program. If your campus advisor is not available, you may schedule a meeting with an Advisor in the Advising Center: (203) 332-5097, Lafayette Hall, L112.

For further information on transfer options, please click here.

Achieving the Dream
Aspen Award
JED Campus