Step 3—Completing Your Financial Aid Application
Tracking Your Status on myCommNet
To track the status of your financial aid, follow these steps:
- Log into myCommNet (if this is your first time logging in, click here for assistance)
- Enter your Banner ID as your Net ID (use the following format: )
- Enter your Password
- Click on Banner Students and Faculty Self Service
- Click on the Financial Aid tab
- Click on Eligibility Requirements
- Follow the instructions there to complete any outstanding requirements. If you have outstanding requirements you have been randomly selected for Federal Verification by the Federal Government
- If your award is complete, you many click on My Award Information to review your financial aid award
Download a PDF with further instructions by clicking here.
How Do I Resolve Problems with My Award?
Signed FAFSA applications will be processed and reviewed in the order they are received at the financial aid office. Typical problems encountered are:
FAFSA Not Sent to HCC
If you did not send your FAFSA to HCC, myCommNet will not display the My Award Information. Log onto www.fafsa.gov and send your FAFSA to School Code #004513.
If your FAFSA application is unsigned or incomplete, myCommNet will not display the My Award Information link under the Financial Aid tab. Check under the Eligibility Requirements link for instructions on how to resolve the problems.
Corrections to FAFSA Required
If corrections are needed based on conflicting data, you may submit them on your own by going back to your FAFSA directly online or come to the Financial Aid Office to do them in person. Check under the Eligibility Requirements link. You should bring proper identification if you come to the college in person. Corrections often take up to two weeks to be resolved by the federal government and submitted back to the college.
Selected for Federal Verification
If you have been selected for verification of the data you submitted, you will receive an email from the HCC Financial Aid office. Check under the Eligibility Requirements link to complete the required Verification worksheet and submit all documents required.
What Happens if You Apply Late?
Late applications will be awarded on a funds available basis. Please note: Grant funds at our disposal are limited and may not permit us to award grants to all eligible students especially those who apply late.
Federal law prohibits release of student information to any party other than the student. For further details, please review the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).