Transcript Information

What Official Transcripts Are

Academic transcripts of a student's educational record are released to parties outside of the College only with written consent of the student. Exceptions any lawfully issued subpoena of records, federal and state officers auditing compliance with regulations governing various student benefit programs, recognized accrediting organizations involved in the accrediting process, parents of students under eighteen years of age who are financially dependent based on the federal income tax returns of the parents and in emergency situations, appropriate persons as determined by the Dean of Students in order to protect the health and safety of the student or other persons.

Requesting Official Transcripts

No charge for Official Transcripts as of July 1, 2008. You may request an Official Transcript two ways:

• Request an Official Transcript In Writing: Requests to send official transcripts to third parties must be in writing. Requests should include the student's full name, former names if applicable, signature, social security number, student ID number, date of graduation or last attendance, and the complete name and address of the recipient of the transcript. Official transcripts bearing the College seal will be sent to the designated recipient. Allow 7 to 10 working days for processing. (See Printable Forms for Transcript Request Form)

• Requesting an Official Transcript Online: For faster service and if you have attended HCC within the past 21/2 years and have access tomyCommNet you may do the following:

  • Login to myCommNet
  • Click Student Tab
  • Click Student Self Service
  • Click HCC then Student Records
  • Click Request Official Transcript
  • Then follow the prompts
  • Print out confirmation page, an email confirmation will be sent if you have provided the College with your current email address.

Starting on Monday, March 30, 2015, Housatonic Community College will begin to offer the ability to obtain official transcripts in an electronic format (eTranscript). Current and former students will be able to request official eTranscrips to be sent to other educational institutions, potential employers, or any other appropriate entities.

  • Current and Recent Students: Students who have been issued a NetID and password should login to myCommNet, navigate to Banner Self-Service, Student Records and click on the Request an Official eTranscript link. If you do not remember your NetID or password, please use the online self-help tools to obtain your NetID or reset your NetID password.
  • Former Students: Students who have not been issued a NetID, please use this link to submit an official eTranscript request. Please ensure that your last name, first name, date of birth and last four digits of your SSN are entered correctly so that your request can be processed in a timely manner.

Printing Unofficial Transcripts

Unofficial transcripts are available to the student through myCommNet. or upon written request without charge. Request should be in the student's full name, former names if applicable, signature, social security number, student ID number, date of graduation or date of last attendance, and your complete address. Allow 5 working days.

Printing a transcript using myCommNet:

  1. Sign on to myCommNet
  2. Click Student Tab , then Student Self-Service
  3. Click HCC
  4. Click Student Records
  5. Click Academic Transcripts the Submit
Achieving the Dream
Aspen Award
JED Campus